August 19, 2014 21:52
Two slain Makhachkala militants identified - NAC
MOSCOW. Aug 19 (Interfax) - The National Anti-Terrorist Committee (NAC) has confirmed the elimination of two members of an illegal armed group in a counterterrorist operation in Makhachkala on Tuesday.
During search efforts, the NAC received intelligence that several members of the so-called Makhachkala gang could be inside one of the flats in an 18-storey building in General Omarov Street in Makhachkala, the NAC said in a statement.
It was decided to launch a counterterrorist operation with all appropriate measures put in place: the area around the building was blocked by law enforcers and residents evacuated.
The NAC identified the flat in which the militants were holed up. When given the opportunity to give up their weapons and surrender to the authorities, the militants opened fire and were killed by return fire.
The men have been tentatively identified as members of the so-called Makhachkala gang: Asad Abdullayev, born 1989, an outlaw since April 2014; and Magomed Yunusov, born 1988, became an outlaw two months ago, previously abetted members of the Makhachkala gang, the NAC said.
(Our editorial staff can be reached at email@example.com)
February 11, 2016
New round of intra-Syrian talks may begin earlier than February 25 - Russian Foreign Ministry
Moscow ready to discuss modalities of ceasefire in Syria - Foreign Ministry
Russia to continue inspection of Egyptian airport security - Deputy Foreign Minister Syromolotov
West not sharing with Russia intelligence info on terrorist facilities in Syria - Konashenkov
Too early to talk about dates of resumption of flights between Russia, Egypt - deputy foreign minister
Russia, U.S. might partially restore interaction on counterterrorism - diplomat
MOSCOW BELIEVES NEW ROUND OF INTRA-SYRIAN TALKS MAY BEGIN EARLIER THAN FEB 25 - RUSSIAN FOREIGN MINISTRY
Russian military blame U.S. for bombardment of Aleppo
MOSCOW READY TO DISCUSS MODALITY OF CEASEFIRE IN SYRIA - DEPUTY FOREIGN MINISTER GATILOV
Tehran hopes to receive all S-300 missile systems from Russia before year-end - embassy
MICEX and RTS Indexes at 11:00 MSK
RUSSIAN DEFENSE MINISTRY NOT PLANNING TO CHANGE STRATEGY OF MILITARY OPERATION IN SYRIA - KONASHENKOV
RUSSIAN EXPERTS TO CONTINUE VISITS TO EGYPT TO ASSESS SECURITY NOT ONLY AT CAIRO AIRPORT BUT ALSO AT AIRPORTS IN RESORT CITIES - DEPUTY FM SYROMOLOTOV TO INTERFAX
TOO EARLY TO SPEAK ABOUT SPECIFIC DATES OF RESUMING AIR TRAVEL WITH EGYPT, THERE WILL BE NO ARTIFICIAL BARRIERS TO THIS - DEPUTY FM SYROMOLOTOV TO INTERFAX