August 18, 2014 11:09
DPR militia report elimination of thirty Ukrainian troops
MOSCOW. Aug 18 (Interfax) - The militia of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People's Republic have destroyed almost forty units of the Ukrainian army's military equipment in the Donetsk region, the agency Novorossia reported on Sunday.
"As a result of a long and fierce battle near the populated area of Nizhnyaya Krynka, the enemy lost 32 units of military equipment, including six Grad systems. Attempts to take over Ilovaysk have been averted, the enemy lost two tanks, two infantry combat vehicles, one armored vehicle, and thirty troops. Two armored vehicles were destroyed in an artillery attack carried out by the militia at the positions of the Ukrainian army near Saur Mogila," the report says.
The militia of the self-proclaimed Luhansk People's Republic have taken over the populated area of Chervony Zhovten, Luhansk region. According to their information, thirty Ukrainian troops have been eliminated.
Interfax currently has no confirmation of this information from other sources.
In the meantime, Andriy Lysenko, spokesman for the Ukrainian National Security and Defense Council, told a briefing in Kyiv on Saturday that three troops had been killed and 13 had been wounded in the fighting in southeastern Ukraine.
(Our editorial staff can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org)
December 21, 2014
Russia formally confirms Russian man's execution in Pakistan
Putin to present state awards in Kremlin, attend commissioning of gas field via videoconference
Russian Foreign Ministry confirms execution of Russian citizen in Pakistan
RUSSIAN FOREIGN MINISTRY OFFICIALLY CONFIRMS EXECUTION OF RUSSIAN CITIZEN IN PAKISTAN
Head of Union of Georgians in Russia Khubutia beaten in Tbilisi
Rally in support of independent TV company held in Tomsk
Russian embassy in Pakistan tries to get confirmation of execution of Akhlas Akhlak
RUSSIAN EMBASSY TRIES TO CONTACT PAKISTANI AUTHORITIES TO GET OFFICIAL CONFIRMATION OF EXECUTION OF RUSSIAN AKHLAS AKHLAK - DIPLOMAT
DPR expects Minsk talks to take place this year
Manifold excess of permitted concentration of stink damp registered in southeast Moscow (Part 2)
Crimean naval base restored as part of Russian Black Sea Fleet
Transaero launches regular flights between Moscow and Tbilisi
Over 180 trucks with Russian relief aid for Donbas cross Ukrainian border
Germany‘s E.ON is spinning its Russian business off to a "New Company" which will be transferred to the company‘s shareholders, with plans to list it in 2016. Apart from the Russia business, the new company will receive all of E.ON‘s conventional energy assets. E.ON itself will focus on renewable energy and innovation. Johannes Teyssen, E.ON‘s CEO, told Interfax in an interview of the logic behind the decision and its implications for the concern‘s Russian subsidiary OJSC E.ON Russia.
Australian Ambassador to Russia Paul Myler has given an interview to Interfax ahead of the G20 summit in Brisbane in which he speaks about the MH17 crash, the reasons for joining the West‘s sanctions against Russia and explained why Australia expects changes in Russia‘s food policy by March 2015.
The name Arkady Rotenberg has been in the news far more frequently than usual in recent months. The billionaire was hit by the first wave of European Union sanctions against Russia, and has already challenged this decision in court. Recently it was reported that the businessman has sold part of his assets to his eldest son. Arkady Rotenberg spoke in an interview with Interfax about whether there was a link between these two developments, the impact of sanctions on his business, his friendship with President Vladimir Putin and many other topics.