August 15, 2014 20:28
Poroshenko claims part of Russian armor convoy destroyed
KYIV. Aug 15 (Interfax) - Ukrainian artillery units have destroyed part of a convoy of heavy military vehicles sent from Russian territory to Ukraine, Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko said in a telephone conversation with British Prime Minister David Cameron.
Poroshenko confirmed Western media reports claiming that a military convoy from Russia had crossed the Ukrainian border, the Ukrainian presidential website said on Friday. "The president said that this information was true and confirmed, as a significant part of this equipment had been destroyed by Ukrainian artillery the previous night," it said.
Ukrainian National Security and Defense Council spokesman Andriy Lysenko confirmed at a news conference on Friday that part of the armored convoy that crossed into Ukraine from Russia in the early hours of Friday had been destroyed.
It was reported earlier that the Russian Federal Security Service's border department in the Rostov region did not confirm reports from a number of foreign media outlets alleging that military vehicles had crossed the Russian-Ukrainian border.
"The Russian FSB border department does not confirm the information about Russian military vehicles crossing the state border with Ukraine," a source in the border department press service told Interfax on Friday.
The alleged crossing of the Russian-Ukrainian border by a group of Russian servicemen actually did not happen, he noted.
(Our editorial staff can be reached at email@example.com)
December 04, 2016
Incident involving ex-Abkhaz state security service chief settled, republican opposition thanks Russian ambassador
Abkhaz president orders law enforcement forces to ensure public order after incident with ex-state security service head
President Khadjimba asks Russian ambassador to assist in settling Aslan Bzhania's border crossing issue
Syrian troops already in control of 52% of Aleppo's territory, liberate Karimal-el-Kataradji from militants in east of the city
SYRIAN TROOPS SUCCESSFULLY ATTACKING IN EASTERN ALEPPO, HAVING CAPTURED KARIMAL-EL-KATARDJI DISTRICT ON SUNDAY - RUSSIAN DEFENSE MINISTRY
SYRIAN TROOPS CONTROLLING OVER 52% OF EASTERN ALEPPO'S TERRITORY - RUSSIAN DEFENSE MINISTRY
Khanty-Mansiisk autonomous district's prosecution service confirms road accident involving bus kills 12 people
Number of injured people reaches 25 in Khanty-Mansiisk district's deadly road accident - police
Bus with children involved in Khanty-Mansiisk district's road accident travelled without compulsory escort on such routes - Russian Investigative Committee
Bus involved in deadly road accident in Khanty-Mansiisk autonomous district carried children's sports acrobatics team
BUS INVOLVED IN DEADLY ROAD ACCIDENT IN KHANTY-MANSIISK AUTONOMOUS DISTRICT CARRIED CHILDREN'S SPORTS ACROBATICS TEAM - REGIONAL AUTHORITIES
Eight people, including six children, killed in road accident in Khanty-Mansiisk autonomous district - police (Part 3)
Eight people, including six children, killed in road accident in Khanty-Mansiisk autonomous district (Part 2)