July 23, 2014 22:22
Two more planes to take remains of Malaysian jet crash victims to Netherlands on July 24 - ministry
KYIV. July 23 (Interfax) - Two more aircraft are due to take off from Ukraine for the Netherlands on Thursday with 51 containers carrying bodies and body fragments recovered at the crash site near Donetsk of Malaysian Airlines Flight MH17, the Ukrainian Regional Development Ministry said on Wednesday.
"Currently, a group of international experts among whom there are experts from the Kingdom of the Netherlands, Australia, Malaysia, the United States and Britain is continuing examining bodies of victims and organizing their transportation to the Kingdom of the Netherlands under agreements between Ukraine and all the countries that had their citizens among those killed in the terrible air crash," the ministry said in a statement.
On Wednesday, two military transport aircraft took the remains of 56 people to the Netherlands.
A Lockheed C-130 Hercules of the Dutch air force set off from Kharkiv, Ukraine, for the Dutch city of Eindhoven around noon with the remains of 16 people. An Australian Boeing C-17 Globemaster took off with the remains of 40 people an hour later, also flying from Kharkiv to Eindhoven.
Malaysia Airlines' Boeing 777 crashed on July 17 during a flight from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur, killing all 298 people on board.
The victims represented a variety of nationalities - among them were 192 Dutch nationals (one of them had dual Dutch-U.S. citizenship), 44 Malaysians, including the 15-member crew, 27 Australians, 12 Indonesians, 10 Britons, one of whom was also a South African national, four Germans, four Belgians, three Filipinos, one Canadian, and one New Zealander.
(Our editorial staff can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org)
December 22, 2014
Russian military officers helping monitor east Ukraine truce
Russia-donated mobile hospital launched in Ebola-stricken Guinea
Snowden well-settled in Moscow, has job, new friends - lawyer
DPR to lift curfew on New Year night
Kazakhstan, Ukraine could return to $4 bln trade - Nazarbayev
PACE rapporteur on Russia slams anti-Crimean sanctions
Belarus does not allow Russia-bound transit of electronics - official
2018 FIFA World Cup chance to prove Russia not racist - Champagne
OSCE should help launch Kyiv's dialogue with Donetsk, Luhansk - Duma speaker
Trust Bank capital shortfall measured in tens of billions of rubles - Central Bank
Trust Bank unable to cope with outflow of deposits last week - Sukhov
Lawmakers propose hiring Italian prosecutor as head of Ukraine anti-corruption agency
Main indexes of the Russia stock market for December 22
Germany‘s E.ON is spinning its Russian business off to a "New Company" which will be transferred to the company‘s shareholders, with plans to list it in 2016. Apart from the Russia business, the new company will receive all of E.ON‘s conventional energy assets. E.ON itself will focus on renewable energy and innovation. Johannes Teyssen, E.ON‘s CEO, told Interfax in an interview of the logic behind the decision and its implications for the concern‘s Russian subsidiary OJSC E.ON Russia.
Australian Ambassador to Russia Paul Myler has given an interview to Interfax ahead of the G20 summit in Brisbane in which he speaks about the MH17 crash, the reasons for joining the West‘s sanctions against Russia and explained why Australia expects changes in Russia‘s food policy by March 2015.
The name Arkady Rotenberg has been in the news far more frequently than usual in recent months. The billionaire was hit by the first wave of European Union sanctions against Russia, and has already challenged this decision in court. Recently it was reported that the businessman has sold part of his assets to his eldest son. Arkady Rotenberg spoke in an interview with Interfax about whether there was a link between these two developments, the impact of sanctions on his business, his friendship with President Vladimir Putin and many other topics.