July 22, 2014 11:09
Kyiv: Troops need to be reinforced rather than rotated in eastern Ukraine
KYIV. July 22 (Interfax) - A pending presidential decree on partial mobilization does not stipulate a rotation of forces engaged in the army operation in eastern Ukraine, Ukrainian Presidential Administration First Deputy Head Hennadiy Zubko said.
"The decree is being drawn up. First of all, there will be additional recruitments. A rotation is not on the current agenda," he said in a program aired by Channel 5 on Monday night.
The situation in eastern Ukraine requires the involvement of additional forces rather than a rotation of the available troops, Zubko said. "The situation in the east is such: we are practically mounting an offensive and it would be a lie to say that we are planning a rotation," he stressed.
Zubko added they were considering a possibility to give some servicemen a break. A break of 10-15 days is possible, he said.
In turn, Ukrainian National Security and Defense Council Secretary Andriy Parubiy said the draft law "On Partial Mobilization" which had been field with the Verkhovna Rada aimed to reinforce and rotate the units which had spent much time on the frontline.
"It is not about a complete rotation, by the way, many [servicemen] do not want a rotation, especially now, as we are on the offensive and we are gaining control of new towns. We will reinforce those who have spent more time on the frontline than others so that they could take some rest and return to the front," Parubiy said.
Men with relevant skills and military occupations will be recruited in the first turn to reinforce the operating units, he said.
As reported earlier, Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko has lodged with the Verkhovna Rada a bill endorsing his decree "On Partial Mobilization".
(Our editorial staff can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org)
April 30, 2016
Kyiv says two Ukrainian troops killed in Donbas in past 24 hours
Kudrin becomes deputy chairman of Russian presidential Economic Council (Part 2)
Russian Defense Ministry reports on provocations carried out by militants in Syria's Hama, Latakia provinces
Russian Defense Ministry: Russian, Syrian warplanes did not strike on opposition units that had joined reconciliation process
Kudrin becomes deputy chairman of Russian presidential Economic Council
Russian Defense Ministry: 83 residential communities have joined reconciliation process in Syria
Russian Defense Ministry: three instances of ceasefire violation in Syria recorded in city of Aleppo over past 24 hours
Silence regime is currently observed in northern part of Syria's Latakia province, Damascus suburb - Russian Defense Ministry
Russia, U.S. set up round-the-clock monitoring of silence regime in Syria - Russian Defense Ministry
Over 280 bln rubles invested into chemical weapons destruction facilities in Russia - state commission chairman Babich
MORTAR SHELLING BY MILITANTS OF AREA NEAR MOSQUE IN SYRIA'S ALEPPO LEAVES 15 CIVILIANS DEAD, OVER 50 INJURED - RUSSIAN DEFENSE MINISTRY
JABHAT AL-NUSRA MILITANTS CARRY OUT PROVOCATIONS AGAINST CIVILIANS, GOVT TROOPS IN SYRIAN PROVINCES OF HAMA, LATAKIA - RUSSIAN DEFENSE MINISTRY
RUSSIAN, SYRIAN WARPLANES CARRIED OUT NO AIRSTRIKES ON OPPOSITION UNITS THAT HAVE JOINED RECONCILIATION PROCESS - RUSSIAN DEFENSE MINISTRY
NUMBER OF SYRIAN RESIDENTIAL COMMUNITIES THAT HAVE JOINED RECONCILIATION PROCESS REACHES 83 - RUSSIAN DEFENSE MINISTRY