May 11, 2014 21:35
No more than 5% vote against Luhansk region independence - organizers (Part 2)
MOSCOW. May 11 (Interfax) - The leader of the "People's Front" of the Luhansk region, Alexei Chmilenko, has said the counting of the results of the regional independence referendum is under way, the number of those voted against the independence has so far not exceeded 5%.
"The polling stations located in the outskirts of populated areas closed at 8 p.m. local time. The preliminary vote count has begun. The number of those who voted 'against' does not exceed 5%, according to the initial preliminary results. I think this figure will not rise and can only decrease," Chmilenko told Interfax.
The turnout at the Luhansk regional referendum was at least 85%, Chmilenko said.
The polling stations located closer to the centers of populated areas are still open and will close at 10 p.m. local time, he said.
(Our editorial staff can be reached at email@example.com)
January 26, 2015
January 25, 2015
Donetsk republic hands over three POWs, four bodies to Ukraine military
Ukrainian forces intensify shelling of Donetsk - Donetsk republic
Donetsk republic: Mariupol shelling was Ukrainian army's retort to defeat near Donetsk
Differences between PACE, Russia persist, but dialogue will continue - Brasseur
Ukraine parliament to convene for emergency meeting Jan 27
Kyiv tightening economic siege - self-proclaimed Donetsk republic
Donetsk republic's defense ministry: There was no offensive against Mariupol
Donbas schools to be closed until Jan 28
Ukraine increases daily gas imports from EU to 42.7 mln cubic meters - Naftogaz
Russian, Egyptian foreign ministers discuss Syria settlement
Register of military mobilization dodgers to be drawn up in Ukraine - military
Naryshkin: Moscow preparing report protesting sanctions against PACE delegates
Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov has given an interview with Interfax, in which he summed up the results of this foreign policy year and spoke about the priorities of Russian diplomacy in 2015
Germany‘s E.ON is spinning its Russian business off to a "New Company" which will be transferred to the company‘s shareholders, with plans to list it in 2016. Apart from the Russia business, the new company will receive all of E.ON‘s conventional energy assets. E.ON itself will focus on renewable energy and innovation. Johannes Teyssen, E.ON‘s CEO, told Interfax in an interview of the logic behind the decision and its implications for the concern‘s Russian subsidiary OJSC E.ON Russia.
Australian Ambassador to Russia Paul Myler has given an interview to Interfax ahead of the G20 summit in Brisbane in which he speaks about the MH17 crash, the reasons for joining the West‘s sanctions against Russia and explained why Australia expects changes in Russia‘s food policy by March 2015.