May 04, 2014 13:23
Self-defense force in Donetsk region claims to have retaken several towns
MOSCOW. May 4 (Interfax) - The self-defense force of Donetsk region has claimed to have restored control over towns previously taken over by Ukrainian law enforcers and military.
"At night in the course of bloody fighting marked by losses on the enemy side we succeeded in regaining Kramatorsk and also the village of Andreyevka. The same in Konstantinovka and Horlivka," a leading figure of the self-defense force, Miroslav Rudenko, told Interfax.
He also said that the attempt of law enforcers to storm the building of the city administration in Mariupol failed. "Almost the entire city took to the streets in Mariupol. Civilians did not let them [law enforcers] storm the city administration," he said.
Rudenko said that there were losses on both sides in the nighttime fighting. However, on Sunday morning the situation in Donetsk region was calm.
(Our editorial staff can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org)
January 30, 2015
Utility workers trying to save monument to Lenin in Zaporizhzhya from dismantlement
Poroshenko to set up joint intelligence committee
NATO's forward units near Russian borders will weaken regional security - Ambassador Grushko (Part 2)
Donetsk center shelled again, woman injured - Donetsk militia
Tatarstan Muslims protest against Muhammad caricatures
Russia to not receive PACE missions - Duma chairman (Part 2)
NATO's forward units near Russian borders will weaken regional security - Ambassador Grushko
Kuchma unaware of other candidates to represent Kyiv in Minsk talks
Donetsk, Luhansk militias insist on appointment of Kyiv negotiator
EU foreign ministers instructed PACE delegations how to vote on Russia - Naryshkin
Eleven civilians, 14 militiamen killed in Donetsk on Friday - DPR
Bundeswehr to continue using Termez airport on Uzbek-Afghan border
Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov has given an interview with Interfax, in which he summed up the results of this foreign policy year and spoke about the priorities of Russian diplomacy in 2015
Germany‘s E.ON is spinning its Russian business off to a "New Company" which will be transferred to the company‘s shareholders, with plans to list it in 2016. Apart from the Russia business, the new company will receive all of E.ON‘s conventional energy assets. E.ON itself will focus on renewable energy and innovation. Johannes Teyssen, E.ON‘s CEO, told Interfax in an interview of the logic behind the decision and its implications for the concern‘s Russian subsidiary OJSC E.ON Russia.
Australian Ambassador to Russia Paul Myler has given an interview to Interfax ahead of the G20 summit in Brisbane in which he speaks about the MH17 crash, the reasons for joining the West‘s sanctions against Russia and explained why Australia expects changes in Russia‘s food policy by March 2015.