April 11, 2014 12:04
Transneft spent 8.1 bln rubles on 10.5% of NCSP shares last autumn - report
MOSCOW. April 11 (Interfax) - Transneft (MOEX: TRNF) has disclosed the total amount the company spent last autumn in increasing its stake in OJSC Novorossiysk Commercial Sea Port (NCSP) (MOEX: NMTP), the Russian oil giant said in its yearly report published Friday.
Transneft bought 8.19% more ordinary stock in NCSP for 6.355 billion rubles in October. Additionally, the report says Transneft acquired 10.52% of NCSP in September-October for 8.104 billion rubles, boosting its effective stake in NCSP to 35.57% from 27.38%.
Based on the dollar's exchange rate as of autumn of last year, this totals around $250 million, meaning that Transneft spent less on the shares than the $300 million reported by the media at that time. This is not very significant though, Transneft President Nikolai Tokarev has said.
Tokarev said this was not the real price, and everything had been written by people who were offended. "It's necessary to divide what's in the paper by one and a half," he told journalists in October, commenting on the reported $300 million figure.
Tatneft said in its report that because of a significant decrease in the market value of NCSP shares as of the reporting date, and due to continuing decline after the reporting date, the group had impairment losses on the investment of 14 billion rubles.
(Our editorial staff can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org)
December 21, 2014
Nazarbayev not complaining about health
Over 88% of electorate vote in Uzbek parliamentary elections
Russian Armed Forces more efficient thanks to foreign partners - Putin
Russian army getting a makeover - Putin
Putin thanks military for concerted actions in Crime
Kazakhstanis have no reason for economic worries - Nazarbayev
Kazakhstan not immediately affected by anti-Russian sanctions - Nazarbayev
Kazakhstan to stick to multi-vector policy - Nazarbayev
Defense Ministry to devise new 2016-2020 defense plan - Shoigu
Donetsk Republic establishes ombudsman's office
Russian aid trucks unloaded in Donetsk, return to Rostov region
Hydrogen sulfide levels normal - ministry
Belarus ready to promote peace in Ukraine - Lukashenko
Germany‘s E.ON is spinning its Russian business off to a "New Company" which will be transferred to the company‘s shareholders, with plans to list it in 2016. Apart from the Russia business, the new company will receive all of E.ON‘s conventional energy assets. E.ON itself will focus on renewable energy and innovation. Johannes Teyssen, E.ON‘s CEO, told Interfax in an interview of the logic behind the decision and its implications for the concern‘s Russian subsidiary OJSC E.ON Russia.
Australian Ambassador to Russia Paul Myler has given an interview to Interfax ahead of the G20 summit in Brisbane in which he speaks about the MH17 crash, the reasons for joining the West‘s sanctions against Russia and explained why Australia expects changes in Russia‘s food policy by March 2015.
The name Arkady Rotenberg has been in the news far more frequently than usual in recent months. The billionaire was hit by the first wave of European Union sanctions against Russia, and has already challenged this decision in court. Recently it was reported that the businessman has sold part of his assets to his eldest son. Arkady Rotenberg spoke in an interview with Interfax about whether there was a link between these two developments, the impact of sanctions on his business, his friendship with President Vladimir Putin and many other topics.