April 08, 2014 18:42
No U.S. security forces in southeast Ukraine - Kyiv
KYIV. April 8 (Interfax) - Ukraine's acting chief of the presidential administration Serhiy Pashynsky has denied claims that foreign mercenaries are involved in the Interior Ministry's operations in east Ukraine.
"I responsibly declare: there is no Right Sector, let alone U.S. security forces, in Kharkiv, Donetsk or Luhansk," Pashynsky said.
He joked, pointing at himself and Ukrainian Interior Minister Arsen Avakov standing beside him: "American spies, two American security officers, are standing in front of you."
Later the Ukrainian Foreign Ministry denied that any foreigners were involved in handling the situation in southeastern Ukrainian towns.
"The police measures currently in place in the eastern regions of Ukraine involve solely Ukrainian law enforcement," Ukrainian Foreign Ministry spokesman Yevhen Perebyinis said at a briefing on Tuesday.
"We are surprised by such Russian claims," he said.
Last week the Ukrainian Foreign Ministry already denied such information from a blog, he recalled. "Of course, it got no confirmation," the diplomat said.
On April 7 the Russian Foreign Ministry stated that the Ukrainian Internal Troops and National Guards forces "with participation of militants from Right Sector, an illegal armed group," were moving to the southeast regions, including Donetsk. "They have the task of cracking down on protests of the country's southeastern residents against the policies of the current Kyiv authorities," the Russian Foreign Ministry said.
Also, "particular alarm" is raised by the reports that this operation involves "about 150 U.S. specialists from the private military organization Greystone, disguised in Sokol special forces uniforms," the ministry said.
(Our editorial staff can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org)
April 29, 2016
Duma defense committee head denies allegations on Russian Su-27 fighter's unsafe maneuvers near U.S. aircraft
Incident during Atlas V launch might have been caused by Russian RD-180 engine malfunction - United Launch Alliance
Eight instances of ceasefire violation recorded in Syria over past 24 hours - Russian Defense Ministry
Kyiv hopes full ceasefire in Donbas, expected to start from April 30, to give impulse for solving security issues (Part 2)
Russian planes have not struck Syrian opposition units that signed up to ceasefire - Defense Ministry
Eight ceasefire violations recorded in Syria over past 24 hours - Russian Defense Ministry
Ceasefire in Damascus suburb, northern part of Latakia governorate to be introduced Apr 30, cleared with govt forces, opposition - Russian Defense Ministry
Lavrov insists in telephone talk with Kerry on Kurds' involvement in intra-Syrian talks, moderate opposition's dissociation from terrorists (Part 2)
CEASEFIRE IN DAMASCUS SUBURB, NORTHERN PART OF LATAKIA GOVERNORATE CLEARED WITH DAMASCUS, MODERATE OPPOSITION - RUSSIAN DEFENSE MINISTRY
RUSSIAN WARPLANES CARRIED OUT NO STRIKES OVER PAST 24 HOURS ON SYRIAN ARMED OPPOSITION DETACHMENTS THAT HAVE DECLARED CEASEFIRE - RUSSIAN DEFENSE MINISTRY
RUSSIA, U.S. INTRODUCE CEASEFIRE FOR 24 HOURS IN EASTERN GHOUTA (DAMASCUS'S SUBURB), FOR 72 HOURS IN NORTHERN DISTRICTS OF LATAKIA GOVERNORATE STARTING 0:01 A.M. APR 30 - RUSSIAN DEFENSE MINISTRY
EIGHT CEASEFIRE VIOLATIONS RECORDED IN SYRIA OVER PAST 24 HOURS - RUSSIAN DEFENSE MINISTRY
UN coordinator praises Russia's, U.S.' role in promoting Syria political process