January 29, 2013 10:24
Rosneft buying TNK-BP's stake in Venezuelan JV PetroMonagas
MOSCOW. Jan 29 (Interfax) - Rosneft (RTS: ROSN) is buying TNK-BP's (RTS: TNBP) stake in Venezuelan joint venture PetroMonagas, Venezuelan media outlets reported, citing Venezuelan Oil Minister Rafael Ramirez.
TNK-BP has a 16.7% stake in the joint venture, which it acquired in 2011. The remaining 83.3% belong to Venezuelan state-owned company PDVSA.
"TNK-BP's rights in PetroMonagas will be transferred to Rosneft," Ramirez said. The value of the deal is not being disclosed.
The sale of a stake in PetroMonagas is subject to Venezuelan government approval.
At present, PetroMonagas produces 150,000 barrels of oil a day, with plans to bring that up to 250,000 barrels per day.
In the middle of 2011, TNK-BP became a co-owner of three joint ventures with PDVSA, including PetroMonagas, which is implementing an integrated project in the Carabobo area. This project entails producing extra heavy oil, mixing that oil with a thinning agent, transporting the mixture to an extra heavy oil upgrader plant, and producing and selling synthetic oil.
According to the Venezuelan media, Rosneft and PDVSA plan to formalize anticipated investments of $37 billion in the Petrovictoria project on January 29. This project involves developing the Carabobo-2 block in order to produce up to 1.12 million barrels of oil a day.
Carabobo-2 is located in the Orinoco River basin, with reserves reaching 6.5 billion tonnes of oil. The contract bringing Rosneft into the project was signed at the end of last September. PDVSA has a 60% stake in the project, and Rosneft owns 40%. Rosneft is expected to invest $16 billion in the Carabobo-2 project.
(Our editorial staff can be reached at email@example.com)
May 20, 2013
Second Makhachkala bomb was equivalent to 50 kilograms of TNT - investigative committee
Terrorism, WMD may got interlocked - Russian deputy minister
Public Television goes on air as planned
Neutralized militants were plotting terror attack in central Moscow - source
Results of Interregional Trading for OFZ & OBR
Investment in Russian electricity sector rises to 865 bln rubles in 2012
Energy Ministry proposes ban on connections to FGC grid from 2014
Lavrov hopes stabilization trend will continue on Korean peninsula
Opposition should take part in conference on Syria without preconditions - Lavrov
CoE SG makes his assessment of Russian NGO law known to Moscow
N.Korea's short-range launches without ballistic trajectory not banned - Lavrov
Russian Investigative Committee to request Greek assistance in probing attack on Russian boy in Crete
CONSENSUS: Rostelecom revenue declined 8% in Q1, net profit down 58% - analysts
UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon has given an interview to Interfax ahead of his visit to Russia on May 16-19 in which he speaks about the goals of his visit, pressing tasks that the UN face, the organization‘s reform, as well as topical issues on the international agenda, including situation in Syria and the Middle East settlement.
Deputy NATO Secretary General Alexander Vershbow, who is visiting Moscow for an informal conference of former U.S. ambassadors to Russia and Russian ambassador to the United States, has given an interview to Interfax in which he speaks about NATO-Russia cooperation, as well as pressing issues on the international agenda, such as the missile defense issue, North Korea, Syria and Afghanistan.
British Foreign Secretary William Hague has given an interview to Interfax‘ journalist Olga Golovanova ahead of the 2+2 meeting slated for March 13 in London, on which he speaks about the agenda of the upcoming 2+2 talks, the whole range of British-Russian relations, including human rights, as well as pressing international issues notably Syria.