September 16, 2012 19:14
Chisinau police keep opponents from obstructing unionists' march
Chisinau. Sept 16 (Interfax) - A march of unionists, advocates of Moldova's unification with Romania, has ended in Chisinau and it has passed off without incident.
About a thousand people joined the march, held in the capital city's park zone, the Moldovan Police told Interfax.
The unionists marched, singing Romanian patriotic songs. They starting leaving the venue after they reached Green Theater.
Police blocked all side streets to prevent opponents from breaking the march up.
The Patriots of Moldova Party leader, Mihai Garbuz, and some of his suppoprters carrying red banners attempted to break through to the marchers, shouting "Shame!" but they were stopped by police.
Garbuz complained to reporters that his civil rights had been violated.
Another group of several dozen opponents, led by Social-Democratic Party leader Victor Shelin gathered on Great National Assembly Square in central Chisinau and they chanted "Moldova!", "Down with Unionists!" They were carrying Moldova's national flags. But finally the opponents made up their minds not to hold a rally, authorized by the city mayor, and not to march in the opposite direction from the unionists.
The mayor's office had earlier put off a festival of ethnic minorities from Saturday to Sunday to prevent clashes with participants in the March of Unification.
It also made the marchers choose a route bypassing the center.
Other actions set for Sunday were canceled, including an action planned by the Patriots of Moldova Party which said it would obstruct the unionists' march.
(Our editorial staff can be reached at email@example.com)
December 08, 2016
Results of forex trading on Moscow Exchange on December 7
December 07, 2016
Contact group orders preparations for release of maximal number of prisoners in Donbas before New Year holidays - Kyiv (Part 2)
Consortium buys 19.5% in Rosneft with own, borrowed money; loan organized by one of Europe's biggest banks - Sechin (Part 2)
Glencore, Qatari fund to help improve corporate procedures in Rosneft - Putin
Gov't approves Rosneft's dividend policy with payment of 35% income - Sechin
Consortium buys 19.5% in Rosneft with own, borrowed money; loan organized by one of Europe's biggest banks - Sechin
Glencore, Qatari fund each own 50% in consortium which bought 19.5% in Rosneft - Sechin
Consortium of Glencore and Qatari sovereign wealth fund becomes buyer and strategic investor in 19.5% of shares in oil company Rosneft - Peskov (Part 2)
Sechin thanks Putin, govt to support in organizing Rosneft stake sale
Putin invites new Rosneft shareholders to Russia to receive them at high level
Putin instructs Rosneft chief to settle conversion scheme with Central Bank, govt to avoid ruble exchange rate fluctuations
PUTIN INVITES NEW ROSNEFT OWNERS TO RUSSIA TO RECEIVE THEM AT HIGH LEVEL
CONSORTIUM TO BUY 19.5% ROSNEFT STAKE WITH OWN, BORROWED FUNDS, ONE OF LARGEST EUROPEAN BANKS TO PROVIDE LOAN - SECHIN